Sunday, March 14, 2010

Matchmaking 101: Bachelor #1

Shortly after my profile went live on Match.com this past week, Miss X called to inform me that one of the boys she had 'winked' at had messaged me: "Message him back, he's cute and he does yoga."

As I checked out his profile later that day, I found that he was in fact cute and he did in fact do yoga, but what really sold me was that I laughed out loud at his email. [Funny boys are sexy.] So I replied.

Three or four emails later, we arranged for a weekend meet up to explore his neighborhood...that was today.

As fate would have it, it was a dreadful day to explore any neighborhood, with the kind of rain that spits down from the sky sideways and drenches your face even with the protection of an umbrella. To make the best of it, we decided to get a hot drink somewhere and try to wait out the drizzle. Unfortunately, the only cafe on the block was closed for a private party, so we settled for a beer at one of the bustling pubs.

How did the date go?

There wasn't a lull in conversation once, we laughed, we talked, we shared life stories...and neither one of us was interested.

But perhaps I've found a new yoga buddy.
Share this post!

No comments: