Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My mind knows no boundaries.

Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like without personal space boundaries.

Strike that, as a female, I'm sure that could get pretty scary. Perhaps I should say I wonder what the world would be like if I had no respect for personal space boundaries.

Let me explain:

Occasionally [probably more often than I should ever admit], I get the urge to kiss complete strangers in public.  This phenomenon seems to be happening more frequently now that I take public transportation.  Being in such close proximity with such a wide variety of unfamiliar faces makes for an interesting work commute.  Yes, there are many bus rides in which I encounter boys I want to touch tongues with just for wearing converse sneakers in my presence, but sometimes the urge to pucker up has nothing at all to do with attraction.  It's simply because my imagination lacks the standards of propriety.

It usually starts as a very random thought; something like 'this person's face is right next to mine, wonder what would happen if I just leaned over and kissed them?' Once that impulse enters my mind, I'll notice that our knees are touching or his shoulder has brushed mine.  I often marvel at the fact that, given the right time of day, the bus may be crowded enough for full body contact with a complete stranger.  I can't even tell you how many boys I've inappropriately fallen into or on top of during a particularly abrupt bus stop.  And sometimes, if he's cute, I may have enjoyed it.

Perhaps this all makes me sound like a creepy stalker of the male species, but I doubt my random thoughts are evident to those around me [at least before this blog].  And I figure there's no real harm in enjoying the little things in life...even if the little things include a cute boy's elbow touching mine during a late night ride on the 22.
Share this post!

No comments: