Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flirting 101: Words are Sexy.

I am a word junkie.  I write them, I read them, I rhyme them...nothing excites me quite the same as a perfect turn of phrase.  Therefore, there's nothing sexier than a guy who knows his words.

Recently, I used the word "bogarting" in a text to two friends who had no idea what I meant.  Once I had been made aware of their confusion [and explained the definition], I sought out a second opinion.  Surely, I couldn't be the only one who knew this phrase.  So I texted another friend [who just so happens to be a cute boy] to find out if he knew what the term meant.

Without hint or hesitation, he responded with "it means to steal something, right?"...and I fell a little bit in love.
When I mentioned that his understanding of my lingo was quite a turn on, he responded with "because words are sexy."...and I was ready to propose.

Because words ARE sexy.  And, nothing against my bogart-confused friends, but having someone get your lingo is even sexier.

I can't tell you how many times a random turn of phrase or quirky slang has made me take notice of a boy.  I've crushed hard on both friends and random strangers for using words outside the standard vernacular.  Phrases inspired by vintage slang are probably the ones that intrigue me most.  Call me a "doll" or a "dame" while chatting me up at a "hip joint" and I might just melt at your feet.

Because words are sexy [and boys who know words are even sexier].
Share this post!

No comments: