Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Inspiration.

I always feel that it is important to give credit where credit is due.

Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy nowadays because everyone's inspired by the same themes and stories over and over again, and that's fine. But I never want to be accused of not giving credit to the things that have inspired me.

For several years, I'd toyed with the idea of starting a blog about love and relationships, but never felt quite courageous enough to put my personal life out there in such a blatant way.  I've had a few postings under various aliases, but for the most part, I've kept my romantic life confined to the pages of my journal.

That is, until I stumbled across imboycrazy.com by Alexi Wasser.  The tone of her blog is quite different than mine, but the essence is the same: giving out advice, not from the stand point of an expert, but from the view of someone who simply has experiences that perhaps can be learned from.  My favorite part about Alexi's blog has always been her video interviews.  Because her main focus is boys, she often does street interviews with male strangers or friends, asking them random questions about life and relationships.  I loved how the variety of people on camera showed both the vast differences in boys as well as the similarities in what most guys are looking for in love.

For this blog, I want to take things a step further.  Obviously, I love to talk to boys, but I also want to find out opinions on love from girls and couples as well.  What makes certain relationships work and others not? What attracts us to each other? What kind of experience are we all looking for?

Stay tuned for the interviews.
Share this post!

No comments: