Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Hallmark Holiday.

Believe it or not, I've always loved Valentine's day.  

Even when I'm single, I love that there's a holiday that celebrates love.  Sometimes the possibility of love is much more powerful and intoxicating than actually being in love, and in that sense valentine's day intoxicates me [as does the celebratory pink champagne, but that's another story].  

I don't think I've ever had a depressing Valentine's.  Unattached, I take it as an opportunity to surround myself with sappiness.  All of those girly romantic comedies that I roll my eyes at during other points in the year suddenly fly off my DVD shelf and into the player.  I soak up the emotion of the possibility of love and feel grateful for the love that already exists in my life.  Love, in any form, is a good thing.  

So this Valentine's day remember: you are loved. 
Share this post!

No comments: